Thursday, May 12, 2016

Thursday Movie Picks #96: Non - English Language Movies - Spanish (Suggested by Wendell)



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share three movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple simple: Each week there is a topic for you to create a list of three movies. Your picks can either be favourites/best, worst, hidden gems, or if you're up to it one of each.For further details visit the series main page here.


---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Non - English Language Movies - Spanish (Suggested by Wendell) 

---


This week's theme is a suggestion from Wendell@DellonMovies. I haven't seen any Spanish language films lately so I'm going to pick some of my old favourites.

Volver (2006)
Colourful, lively and funny, I really enjoyed this female-centric drama
 
Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
If you love dark fairy tales and stories where the lines between what's real and what's fantasy is blurred, then you'll love this. Question if you have seen this: did you think the fantasy world is real or did Ofelia made it up as an escape?

The Devil's Backbone (2001)
Picking this once again. If you love Pan's Labyrinth and ghost stories like The Orphanage you've got to see this; it's even set in an orphanage.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this meme, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

14 comments:

  1. I'm not real strong on Spanish language films but have seen two of these. Penelope Cruz is exceptional in Volver and Pan's Labyrinth is such a unique and evocative film. Can't say I loved it but I admired the artistry of the film. I've heard of The Devil's Backbone but have yet to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Yes, and HELL YES. Love all of these. The Devil's Backbone is really incredible. I thought that the fantasy world in Pan's Labyrinth was real UNTIL the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pan's Labyrinth - Me TOO! It was something at the end that I saw that made me OMG it was all in her head. Now I'm curious what you saw that made you think so too.

      Delete
  3. Pan's and Volver are both great. I really need to see The Devil's Backbone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suck at this theme but I did see Pan's labyrinth and picked this one also. I choose to believe that the little girl escaped and is now a princess. I rather look at the legend than the reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh. There was something at the end that led me to believe it was all in her head and I feel it all made the movie more poignant for me.

      Delete
  5. I loved both Volver and Pan's Labyrinth. I have not seen The Devil's Backbone but now I feel like I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes especially if you like Pan's Labyrinth.

      Delete
  6. The first two are great. I'll have to check out the Devil's back bone based on your rec. I like creepy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The thord one sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these picks! Haven't seen Devil's Backbone yet but I will as I wanted to for so long

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried watching the Devil's Backbone a few times but every time I do it's late at night and I'm really tired. I'm gonna try and watch it during the day as Pan's Labyrinth is one of my favorite films and I loved the Orphanage

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...