Thursday, May 19, 2016

Thursday Movie Picks #97: Alien Movies



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share three movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple simple: Each week there is a topic for you to create a list of three movies. Your picks can either be favourites/best, worst, hidden gems, or if you're up to it one of each.For further details visit the series main page here.


---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is Alien Movies

---


I haven't watch any Alien movies lately, so am looking forward to checking some new-ish recommendations this week. My picks today are the ones I watched post 2000s
 
Paul (2011)
Two geeks help an alien, Paul, to get home. Truthfully I don't remember much of this movie other than it was funny and fun. It's not part of the Cornetto Trilogy but it feels very much like it. Maybe not as good as Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, more on par with The World's End.

Edge of Tomorrow (2014)
Inexperienced officer gets thrown into the front lines of war against aliens and has to relieve the same day every time he dies. Great action movie and has a hero that's endearing because he fails so many times, but keeps on trying.
 
Honeymoon (2014)
This is perhaps my most recent Alien-ish watch. Newly weds go on honeymoon at a secluded cabin. Something weird happens to the wife one night, she starts acting out of character and her husband struggles to figure out what exactly happened to her. Very creepy; the whole isolated cabin thing and that they're newly weds who perhaps may not really have known each other that well certainly adds to the eeriness.

---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this meme, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers

10 comments:

  1. Love Paul, got some great bits in there. I never got round to seeing Edge of Tomorrow aka All You Need Is Kill. I think I might read the graphic novel of that instead. I was reading up about Honeymoon, not my cup of tea, I think I would be on edge throughout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honeymoon - I don't think there are sudden scares in this one, but it is creepy.

      Delete
  2. Love Edge of Tomorrow. Paul was solid, too. Haven't seen Honeymoon, yet. Sounds interesting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honeymoon is an awesome pick! I didn't are for Paul, and haven't seen Edge of Tomorrow yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've seen Honeymoon, it was certainly an interesting watch.

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen any of these but they all are on my watchlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen any of these but thanks for reminding me about edge of Tomorrow(sounds like a Soap opera title). I will have to check out Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edge of Tomorrow - Funny you said that about the title. I actually kinda like it, but I've heard other bloggers and critics saying the title is not attractive and that they should have stuck with the original comic title All You Need is Kill. From the impression you got from the EoT title, it probably does the movie a disservice. I guess maybe that's why in the later posters it uses it's tagline "Live. Die. Repeat." more prominently.

      Delete
  6. Honeymoon sounds promising... Is it anything like that movie with Johnny Depp as the astronaut who comes home acting all weird because he got possessed by an alien?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have seen the Astronaut's Wife but it was a long time ago. I can't remember much but yes it does seem to have a similar premise.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...