Friday, June 23, 2017

Thursday Movie Picks #154: The Woods



Hello there and welcome to Thursday Movie Picks a weekly series where you share movie picks each Thursday. The rules are simple: based on the theme of the week pick three to five movies and tell us why you picked them. For further details and the schedule visit the series main page here.


---

This week's Thursday Movie Picks is The Woods

---



I'm going pretty random this week with some I like and some not so much, all from different genres.


Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
Two lonely kids, escape into a fantasy world in the woods near the homes. Kids movie based on a book. I've never read the book, so I don't know if the movie just used actors a little older than they were supposed to be but I thought the characters were just way too old to play make believe and make up fantasy worlds; the cutesy overactive imagination thing can be a little annoying. Plus the effects of the fantastical creatures they conjured up are pretty bad. I know I sound quite negative, but other than what I've mentioned, I actually found it a pretty good movie about friendship, tragedy and grief. 

Into the Woods (2014)
A musical that takes a twist on the fairy tales you know. I love twists on fairy tales so I was curious about this. Well...I didn't enjoy it as much . The first half was ok for me but the second half lost me. It really felt like two movies instead of one.

Honeymoon (2014)
Newlyweds spend their honeymoon in a remote cabin. Weird things soon start to happen like the wife is found disoriented in the woods late one night and it all just go downhill from there. Very creepy movie.


---

If you are participating be sure to add your blog post to the linky widget below (Enter your Blog Post URL, your Blog Name and your email {which will remain hidden}). Please also visit the other participating blogs, spread the word about this meme, and also link back to my blog on your own Thursday Movie Picks post :)

--- 

Participating Blogs/Bloggers
 

10 comments:

  1. I've only seen Into the Woods and I agree with you, the first half is good, but then is a bit of a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Bridge to Terabithia - a really good adaptation of the beautiful book.

    I didn't LOVE Into the Woods the movie, but I do adore the musical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Into the Woods - I would love to see the actual musical, sounds like it works better on stage.

      Delete
  3. Both Bridge to Terabithia and Into the Woods were meh for me. Haven't seen your last pick but I've meaning to since it came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honeymoon ... you'd probably like it...it's a bit of B indie sort of movie and definitely weird creepy.

      Delete
  4. I remember my sister reading Bridge to Terabithia. I was curious by the title but when she told what happens I had no desire to read it. I think the added GCI creatures are just for the movie, at least exaggerated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen any of these but I do want to see Into the Woods

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked Honeymoon! I haven't seen Into The Woods yet and Bridge to Terebithia's ending depressed me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridge to Terabithia - Really? I mean it was sad but I thought it ended in a life goes on way with the main character handling grief.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...